Schedule Your Appointment: (321) 259-9500
Controlling diabetes – treatment is effective and important. Contact Dr. Pipek today to schedule your appointment. All types of diabetes are treatable. Diabetes type 1 lasts a lifetime, there is no known cure. Type 2 usually lasts a lifetime, however, some people have managed to get rid of their symptoms without medication, through a combination of exercise, diet and body weight control.
- The use of corticosteroids as a treatment (such as prednisone). This treatment method can cause a slowdown in production of natural corticosteroids by the adrenal glands, resulting in adrenal disease symptoms.
- Certain drugs used to treat fungal infections may block production of corticosteroids in the adrenal glands.
- Exaggerated male characteristics in both men and women, such as increased facial and body hair, baldness, acne, deeper voice and increased masculinity
- High blood pressure
- Symptoms associated with low levels of potassium (i.e., weakness, muscle aches, spasms and possible paralysis)
- Upper body obesity
- Round face
- Increased fat around the neck
- Thinning of the arms and legs
- Fragile and thinning skin
- Stretch marks on the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, arms and breasts
- Bone and muscle weakness
- Severe fatigue
- High blood sugar (hyperglycemia)
- Irritability and anxiety
- Excess hair growth in women
- Irregular or stopped menstrual cycles in women
- Reduced male sex drive
- Reduced male fertility